My girls love cooking and doing experiments, so food science experiments are like the best of both worlds for them. It’s amazing how many different experiments you can do with a few simple pantry items and foods from the fridge. I asked my girls to help me round-up some of our favorite kitchen science experiments – a few of these you can even eat!
Spend some time in the kitchen exploring these 10 fun and easy food science experiments!
- Dancing Raisins :: Buggy and Buddy
- Invisible Ink: Painting with Citrus :: Tinkerlab
- Ice Cream in a Bag :: I Can Teach My Child
- Cabbage Leaves and Food Coloring :: Paging Fun Mums!
- Can You Sink a Marshmallow? :: Steve Spangler’s Blog
- Solar Oven S’Mores :: Simple Kids
- Kool Aid Puffy Paint :: Learn Play Imagine
- Science on a Stick: Rock Candy :: The Kitchen Pantry Scientist
- Two Toothy Eggsperiments :: Luv Pre-K
- Gummy Bear Science :: Science for Kids
Have you done any kitchen science lately? Please share!