We’re heading into baking season. Are you excited? Over the weekend I had to stop myself from pulling out a can of pumpkin puree to turn into muffins. It’s still 90 degrees outside after all. :)
My kids are showing more interest than ever in helping me cook and bake. You might remember my list of Top 10 Must-Have Kitchen Tools from earlier this year. Well, I’ve had my eye on some must-have kids kitchen tools, as well as some that are just plain fun.
Kids Cooking Tools:
1. Apron–my girls go ga-ga over pink aprons with cupcakes or cakes on them and love having aprons just their size
2. Kids Chef’s Hat–something fun to get the kids in the mood to cook
3. Veggie Scrubber Gloves–perfect for little (or big) hands to easily scrub potatoes and other veggies
4. Oven mitts–(maybe not practical, I’m not sure I’d let my kids get anything out of the oven yet, but maybe for when they’re a little older.)
5. Junior baking set–with everything they’ll need to help roll out cookies, bake cupcakes or muffins, little tarts, or a mini loaf of bread.
7. Kitchen Shears–sturdy with rubber handles and blunt edges, would be good for helping harvest herbs or other kid-sized tasks
8. Crocodile jaw tongs–for grabbing things from inside jars or to put on a serving tray to pick up veggies, fruit or cookies
9. Rooster measuring cup–will help kids learn how to properly measure water and other liquids when baking and cooking.
11. Robot dry measuring cups–divides into 1/4, 1/3, 1/2 and 1 cup measuring cups.
12. Small cutting board–from Josefine Bentzen
”Just Because” kids tools:
16. Piggy whisk
Now it’s your turn. Have you found anything that helps you keep your little ones busy helping you in the kitchen?