At first thought, I might never have put this dessert together. But when I needed a sweet treat and all I had was a can of crescent roll dough and m&m’s, it just came together. And I have to say, they’ve made a perfect combination, topped with a drizzle of frosting. Yum.
Recipe for M&M Crescent Rolls:
- crescent roll dough – mine came from a can, but any roll dough will do.
- m&m chocolate candies
- baking pan
1. Lay out your triangle shaped dough. Place 8-9 m&m’s on the large area of the triangle. Press them in a bit as you place them, so they won’t fall around when you roll the dough.
2. Start with the large end of the triangle crescent dough and roll it up to the tip. Place each one on a baking sheet, and top with one m&m for show.
3. Bake these rolls according to your recipe’s directions (or from the can).
4. While these are baking, 12-13 minutes, mix up your frosting. My recipe for white frosting is: 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 T milk, 1/4 tsp vanilla. Whisk together.
5. Just out of the oven, and while the rolls are still warm (they are best warm), drizzle the tops of the rolls with frosting in a fun zig-zag look.
These are ready to eat, and will look great for Valentine’s Day with those pink m&ms. Try to eat them right away when they are still warm. If yours cool too soon, you can put it in the microwave for 5-10 seconds to warm back up.