Crochet a few of these heart chain stitch ribbons to wrap up your treats to loved ones on Valentine’s day! They’ll love the added touch to their gift, plus they can reuse the heart yarn ribbon for more gifting!
You can use any yarn you have on hand, use up those scraps. We’ve done this before with simple chain stitch wrapping ribbon, making chain stitch necklaces too, but I love adding the hearts for Valentines.
Supplies for Crochet Heart Chain Stitch Ribbon:
- crochet hook (G, H or I)
- crochet needle
- treat bag filled with goodies!
1. Chain stitch 4
2. Slip stitch through the first loop to make a circle.
3. Chain 2 (this will act as a double crochet).
4. Crochet 2 triple crochet stitches.
5. Crochet 3 double crochet stitches.
6. Chain 1 – crochet 1 triple stitch – chain 1
Now repeat back:
7. Crochet 3 double crochet stitches.
8. Crochet 2 triple crochet stitches.
9. Crochet 1 double crochet stitch.
10. Slip stitch through the center of the circle to complete the heart.
You’re done with your heart! You can stop here and just make cute little hearts, or keep going for the chain stitch wrapping ribbon!
11. Chain 50 stitches.
You can actually chain as many as you’d like here, depending on how long you need your ribbon.
12. Chain 4 more stitches. Slip stitch your hook back down through 4 stitches to make another circle.
13. Repeat steps 3 – 10 to complete another heart.
14. Cut your yarn and finish off your piece. With your crochet needle, hide your tails through the center circle of the heart and pull. This will help make your hearts nice and tight.
Trim off any extra yarn.
You’re done! It’s ready to wrap!
Package up your treats and add your new heart chain stitch ribbon to wrap it up!
Happy Valentine’s Day!