What little girl is not into fairies?! They are so cute and dainty and fly! Here’s my daughter as Tinkerbell when she was almost 3. We call her Tinker, as she’s really cute, but has a fire cracker personality! Here are a few fun ideas I’ve come up with to celebrate a Fairy Birthday Party.
Come fly away to Fairyland for _______’s birthday. You’ll explore many wonderful places like, Toadstool Island, fly past Butterfly Gardens, and dip in the Crystal Cascades. Come dresses as your favorite fairy to join in the fun.
- You can make each child their own set of fairy wings before the party or have them arrive dressed up as a fairy when they come.
- Start the party by having each child create their own fairy wand. Here’s a great tutorial for a simple and crafty fairy wand.
- Give each child a set of their own fairy ears. Download this pattern, from our leprechaun post. Fairy Ears Pattern
Food: Fairies are very tiny woodland creatures. We’ve put together a plate of tiny berries on a lettuce leaf. You could also add raisins, stick pretzels, mini marshmallows, etc.
Cake: I made pink cupcakes with green frosting and yellow sprinkle pixie dust. I topped them off with edible butterfly wing gummies. I used sour watermelon candies and toothpicks in a “t” shape to attach them together.
- Dance with Ribbon Rings – Create these easy to make ribbon rings and have the children dance to magical music as they twirl around with their ribbons.
- Make a Toadstool – You can use playdough to have each child create their own toadstool. Or here is a great crafty tinfoil toadstool that the children could create. Perfect for a fairy to sit upon.
- Tissue Paper Butterflies – Using tissue paper and pipe cleaners, let the children make a fluttering butterfly. Twist one pipe cleaner around the tissue paper to create the wings. Have the children fly them around the room.
- Hunt for a Wishing Rock – Ahead of time, plant colorful painted rocks around the yard. Have each child go on a search until they find one rock. Once they find the rock, they can make a wish. They can take these home with them, hoping their wish comes true.
Party Bag: Assemble a bag with a few fun fairy supplies. You can add a mini frisbee, they can add their crafts from the party, and a few pixie sticks.