Need a few ideas for crafting with kids? Check out the latest projects shared over at Family Crafts on About.com. Many are made with items you already have at home or something you can easily gather from your local craft store. Have fun crafting cute projects and making art!
1. Make Art with Recycled Circles: I’m sure you have a few circle shaped lids laying around the house. Add a canvas and some paint and you’re ready to get crafting and make art. This creative idea comes from Mosswood Connections!
2. Cereal Box Fire Truck: Using materials found at home, this fire truck is made for a day of play! Gather a few items you can find in the recycle bin and you’re ready for some fire truck fun. This cute craft comes from Niki of Play and Learn Everyday!
3. Recycled Twig Centerpiece: Recycle your old magazine pages and twigs into a fun fall craft. This DIY centerpiece is easy on time and budget. The best part is you can personalize your centerpiece by color coordinating with any holiday or home decor. This cute centerpiece comes from Jamie of Handmade Kids Art!
4. Cute Paper Animal Shapes: Toddlers and preschoolers love working with simple concepts like shapes. The aim for doing crafts with toddlers is to have fun, ignite creativity, and teach them something in the process. This darling craft comes from Tarana of Sand in My Toes!
5. Craft Supply Spotlight – Pipe Cleaners: We LOVE pipe cleaners! They are one of my favorite kid crafty supplies. There are so many things you can craft with them, and they come in all sorts of fun and fuzzy colors.
6. Pretzel Pencil Treats: With the excitement of back to school all around this month, let’s make a fun treat for the kids to make and celebrate! They are simple enough for little ones to help with, making it a great way to share in the celebration together.
Head over to Family Crafts to see the full tutorials and other great kid craft projects!