The arts and crafts my kids make always end up on the wall. We love displaying them all. Even if it’s not really meant to be on the wall. But sometimes I am intentional and ask my kids to do a craft that is an actual house decoration. In this case we made a paper leaf garland. Perfect for fall.
If you are looking for an easy way to brighten up your walls, this easy fall kids craft will do the job!
To make paper leaf garland you will need:
- color paper
- tape or glue
1. Fold color paper in half and draw a leaf template. You can modify it as you like as long as you have the top line shorter then the bottom line.
2. Cut the template out.
3. Open it.
4. Accordion fold it. Start with the widest part with 1/2 inch folds.
5. Fold it in half to meet the longest ends together.
6. Tape (or glue) the ends together. Cut a stripe from the same color and tape it to the leave as a stem.
7. Tape the leaves to the rope and hang it on the wall.
Hope the colors you pick for your leaf garland will bring warmth and coziness to your house this fall.