This Halloween Bat card comes alive with tissue paper wings. He’s making his way to your house to give all a good SCARE!
Supplies for 3D Bat Card:
- paper cutter
- black tissue paper – a 3×12 inch piece
- black art paper
- white crayon
- letter stickers
1. Fold your cardstock piece in half to form a card. Decide if you want to put your bat on the outside of the card or the inside for a little surprise.
2. With the black paper, cut out an oval for the body of the bat and glue it onto the card. I used a black marker to draw on the bat’s ears and a white crayon to draw on eyes, mouth, and fangs (he is dracula of course!)
3. Using the paper cutter, slice a 1-2 inch slit on either side of the bat’s body. Don’t got through to the end, just cut a little opening for the tissue paper to go through.
4. Thread the tissue paper through each slit to form the bat’s wings. This can be a tight squeeze and your tissue paper may get scrunched, but you can straighten it out after. I also cut each end of the tissue paper with zig-zags for more effect.
5. To finish it off, use the letter stickers to make the words “Happy Hallow’EEK” or some other fun Halloweeny saying.
Now this card is ready to give to a friend along with some spooky treats, maybe these Pumpkin Bites from Bakerella.