I’m happy to be able to share a fun and simple craft with you from my book, Make and Takes for Kids! It’s a great one for Valentine’s, getting the kids crafty and in the giving spirit with a few fun heart-shaped friendship bracelets.
Supplies for Heart Shaped Foam Friendship Bracelets:
- Craft foam sheets in red, pink, and/or white
- 9–10 inches of yarn, any color
- Hole punch
- Tape (optional)
- Rhinestone stickers (optional)
- Glitter glue (optional)
1. Using your scissors, cut out 6–7 small 1 × 1 in (2.5 cm) hearts from the craft foam sheets. You will need 6–7 hearts per child, although the length of the bracelet may vary for each child.
2. Use your hole punch to make 2 holes in each heart. You may have to press hard with your hole punch to get through the craft foam.
3. Wrap a small piece of tape around one end of your piece of yarn to help with lacing each heart and to prevent the yarn from fraying.
4. Lace the yarn through the foam hearts, weaving in and out of each hole. Lace up as many hearts as you need to fit the bracelet around your child’s wrist.
5. Once all the hearts are on the yarn, tie the two ends of the yarn together in a knot and trim the ends. Make sure you tie the bracelet so that it is big enough for your child to take on and off easily.
These are perfect to make and give as a classroom gift for the kids or just for some neighbors and friends. Happy Crafting!
Image credit: Nicole Gerulat