Have you ever made your own potato chips? They are the best. Super fun to make and you’ll be craving them at least once a week! Add a bowl of Marzetti® Dill Veggie Dip and you’re set for a Friday night par-tay!
This dill dip is a great compliment to their salty goodness!
Recipe for Homemade Potato Chips
- 8-10 medium sized golden russet potatoes
- 2-3 cups cooking oil – I prefer canola oil to heat on a high heat for long durations
- Marzetti Dill Veggie Dip
- potato slicer and cutting board – you can use a sharp knife, mandoline slicer, or the slicing attachment on your food processor
- fry pan
- tongs or slotted spoon
- wire rack and baking sheet
1. Scrub your potatoes clean.
2. Slice your potatoes horizontally as thin as you can. I prefer a very thin chip (which will fry up faster) or you can make them a little thicker for more crunch (you will need to cook them longer).
*Tip: you can place your potato slices in water to keep from browning if you’re slicing up a lot of potatoes. Be sure to dry your chips before you cook them in the oil.
3. Pat your potatoes dry, this will help with less splatter of oil.
4. Heat your oil to 350 degrees, using a food thermometer or simply test one chip to see if it’s bubbling up and you’ll know it’s ready. If it sinks to the bottom, you need to give your oil more heat.
5. Place a layer of potato slices into the pre-heated oil. Let them fry up for a 3-4 minutes per side. You will start to see it turning brown on the edges. Using your tongs, flip them over to the other side for another 3-4 minutes.
6. When they are browned on both sides, either using your tongs or your slotted spoon, pull the chips from the oil and lay them on your drying rack.
7. As the chips are cooling and still have a layer of oil on them, sprinkle salt over the tops. Let them cool.
8. Place your chips on a serving tray with your dip and you’re set for munching!
For more fun, head over to Marzetti on Pinterest and enter their Recipe Exchange sweepstakes. Pin your favorite recipes with inspiration from the Marzetti pinterest boards for a chance to win a $250 gift card and Marzetti coupons. 4 winners will be chosen, so enter now before April 30, 2014!
I have been invited to participate in a Marzetti ambassador program. This post is sponsored by Marzetti and product has been provided by them. I’ll be sharing my ideas for family friendly recipes using their products all year long. Be sure to follow Marzetti on Facebook and Pinterest for more information. Find more recipe ideas and meal planning at Marzetti Kitchens!