As part of our Winter Olympic Games for Kids series, we’ve come up with a fun Miniature Ice Skating Rink. Our pair figure skaters are warming up on the ice as we speak!
Supplies for Mini Ice Skating Rink:
- cardboard box top – or 9×13 cake pan
- pipe cleaners, aka chenille stems
- snow stickers, optional
Cover your entire cardboard box lid with the tinfoil and tape the sides down if needed. I added a few snowflake shaped stickers for decor!
For each skater, you need one pipe cleaner. Follow these instructions:
- Bend it in half and bend each foot. Then twist at the top of the legs (for it’s bum).
- Bend out each arm and twist.
- Then twist the neck and round out the head.
We added a little tinfoil for the ice skates and a mini skirt for the girl. Our figure skaters are ready for their performance! I hope the judges will give them good marks!
We’re celebrating the Winter Olympic Games all week. To see more fun and sporty activities, check out the Winter Olympic Games for Kids series. Go for the GOLD!