New Year’s Eve party with kids can actually be a lot of fun. But you need to prepare for it: play some fun family games and to make it more special craft a plate shaker for the monkey year of 2016.
How To Make Monkey Plate Shaker
- 2 paper (or plastic) plates
- 1 cup of rice (or any other grain that you have available in your pantry)
- Brown paint, brush
- Glue gun
- Wooden kebab stick
- monkey face and ears (we cut out our shape out of yellow paper and drew eyes, nose and mouth with a sharpie)
- Color your plates with brown paint. Let it dry.
- Glue on monkey face and ears.
- Add rice to the plate and glue on the wooden stick. Make sure that the stick doesn’t move. If it does, apply more glue to secure it in place.
- Glue the plates together. Add hot glue to the highest section of the plate with the rice, make sure that there are no gaps. Then quickly place the plate with the monkey face and ears on top of it press down the edges until the glue is completely dry.
Your Monkey New Year’s Eve Shaker is ready! Make on of each for each child and enjoy the rhythm at your party! Good way to start the New Year of 2016 – The Year Of Monkey.