I know Thanksgiving is tomorrow, but I am already excited about Christmas. I love Christmas music, trimming the tree, holiday parties, and all of the other festivities, but the best part is the holiday baking. I go cookie crazy! I am kicking off the holiday season with these Oatmeal Pistachio Cranberry Cookies.
These cookies are wholesome, hearty, and festive. I love the Christmas colors the dried cranberries and pistachios add. They are great dunked in a glass of milk and look pretty on any holiday cookie tray. Add these Oatmeal Pistachio Cranberry Cookies to your baking list this holiday season. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Oatmeal Pistachio Cranberry Cookies
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Stir together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside. Using a mixer, beat together butter and sugars in a large bowl until smooth and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract. Gradually add in the flour mixture, mix until just combined. Fold in oats, dried cranberries, and pistachios.
3. Spoon rounded tablespoons of dough about 2 inches apart onto baking sheet. Bake cookies, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until golden brown, 16 to 18 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about two minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
Makes 2 dozen cookies