It’s so hot outside, which means it’s the perfect time for a pool party! Whether you’re celebrating a birthday with a pool theme or just inviting some friends over for a fun bash, there are 22 ideas here to help you make the most of your pool party!
22 Pool Party Ideas
1. Make Giant Bubbles: Go ahead and roll out the kiddie pool, but this time try filling it with BUBBLES! Kids of all ages will be amazed by these giant bubbles. Find the tutorial over at Make and Takes.
2. Pool Water Drink: Don’t forget to stay hydrated! This “pool water” beverage will really hit the spot. Find the tutorial over at The Bubbly Hostess.
3. Hula Hoop Obstacle Course: This is such a smart way to build an underwater obstacle course. Tie a small weight to a hula hoop, and you’ll have a ring you can swim through! Find the tutorial over at Everyday Dishes.
4. Rainbow Ribbon Curtain: Make a grand entrance to your party with a colorful rainbow ribbon curtain. Find the tutorial over at Make and Takes.
5. Squirt Gun Refill Station: If some of the kids want to run around on dry land, you can set up a station for a quick squirt gun refill! Find the tutorial over at First Home Love Life.
6. DIY Water Toys: A pool party’s more fun when there are toy boats to race! Find the tutorial over at Make and Takes.
7. Beach Ball Party Arch: This arch might look like you went all out, but it’s easy to make with beach balls from the dollar store! Find the tutorial over at WikiHow.
8. Find the Ping Pong Ball Pool Game: It’s a race to see who can collect the most ping pong balls! Find the tutorial over at Cool Mom Picks.
9. Hooded Beach Towels: With just a few seams, you can turn an ordinary beach towel into a custom hooded towel. Find the tutorial over at Make and Takes.
10. PVC Pool Towel Rack: You’ll need somewhere to hang all those wet towels. This PVC rack does the trick! Find the tutorial over at eHow.
11. Awesome Outdoor Games: If some of your guests don’t feel like getting wet, have them try some of these outdoor games instead. Find the tutorial over at Make and Takes.
12. Floating Target Practice: Ping pong balls do double duty for this target practice game as well! Find the tutorial over at Paging Fun Mums.
13. DIY Beach Towel Cover Up: You can whip up this beach towel coverup in a snap! Find the tutorial over at Make and Takes.
14. Flip Flop Cookies: These themed cookies won’t take long for you to make. Aren’t they adorable? Find the tutorial over at DIY Inspired.
15. Sailing a Stick Raft: Send the kids out of the pool to collect sticks, and then put them to work building an awesome raft. Find the tutorial over at Make and Takes.
16. DIY Pool Noodle Toss Game: Repurpose some pool noodles and make a ball toss game! Find the tutorial over at While He Was Napping.
17. Water Sponge Toys: Grab a couple packs of cheap sponges and you’ll be all set to make these water toys. Find the tutorial over at Make and Takes.
18. Sun Protection Station: Help ensure that none of your guests go home with a sunburn by setting up a sun protection station. Find the tutorial over at Catch My Party.
19. Washcloth Pom Pom Sponges: Sometimes the simplest things can make awesome toys! Find the tutorial over at Make and Takes.
20. Watermelon Ball: This classic game will have everyone laughing! Find the tutorial over at Cool Mom Picks.
21. Build a Floating Basketball Hoop: You can totally play basketball in the pool if you make a floating hoop! Find the tutorial over at The Home Depot Community.
22. Water Balloon Tennis: Turns out most sports can be played in the water! Turn pool noodles into rackets and you’ll be ready for tennis. Find the tutorial over at Ziggity Zoom.
There’s nothing quite like an afternoon in the sun with friends! Whether you try 1 of these ideas or all 22, the important thing is that everyone has a blast! Happy summer!