How about a rainbow colored pasta bracelet for spring? Perfect timing for a simple craft with St. Patrick’s Day around the corner and the coming of spring!
We’ve colored pasta before and made necklaces with yarn. This time we’re using pipe cleaners and following the rainbow pattern as we bead our pasta. *See our post from the past for the details to color your pasta.
Supplies for Rainbow Color Pasta:
- dried pasta with a tube shape
- food coloring
- plastic baggies
- paper towels and trays
- pipe cleaners
1. Add your dried pasta to a zip-top baggie. You’ll need one baggie for each color.
2. Add in 10-15 drops of your food coloring to the baggie. Zip it up and SHAKE! This is fun for the kids to help with. Add more coloring for a richer color.
3. Prepare a paper towel lined tray (I also have tinfoil to protect my trays too). Pour your wet colored pasta onto a paper towel and spread them out.
4. Let your colored pasta dry over night, mixing it around once or twice, to let it dry completely. You don’t want to have little rainbow fingers all over the furniture… overnight is recommended.
5. Once the pasta is dry, it’s time to bead! Add your pasta to a pipe cleaner in a rainbow pattern.
However you make these, it’s going to be fun. Mix and match your colors and your shapes of pasta. So many great ways to make colored pasta patterns!