Summer is on it’s way. Can you feel it? Even here in Seattle we are seeing some sun. So I say it’s time to plan a backyard party, maybe even potluck style. If that’s the case with you, I’ve got a super simple summer pasta salad perfect for a crowd.
All it takes is a little cooked pasta, some colorful veggies, and italian salad dressing to give it a fresh pop. Your potluck party will thank you!
Recipe for Summer Pasta Salad:
- 1 lb pasta – cooked, drained, and cooled
- Italian salad dressing – we’re using Marzetti Sweet Italian
- cheddar cheese cubes
- cherry tomatoes
- sugar snap peas
- sliced almonds
- *optional additions: broccoli, cranberry raisins, walnuts, feta cheese
1. Cook your pasta, drain it, and let it cool. You want cold-ish pasta for this dish. While that’s chillin’, slice your cheese into cubes and chop your snap peas into thirds. Gather a package of sliced almonds and wash up your cherry tomatoes.
2. Once you have all your ingredients ready, toss them in a bowl and mix ‘em up.
3. Pour on your italian dressing, you can measure or just eye-ball it, then stir it up.
4. Place the pasta into a party dish, along with some serving spoons, and it’s ready to party.
To help you with a fun backyard party, Marzetti is offering one winner with the following fabulousness: 5 Marzetti coupons to purchase Classics dressings, Marzetti branded stainless knife set with cutting board, Acacia wood salad platter and plates (one platter, three 10 inch plates and three 5 inch plates), $35 Visa gift card for grocery shopping, and a Marzetti branded apron.
You’ll be set to host your next potluck. Happy Summer!
*This post is sponsored by Marzetti.com Classic Salad Dressings. All ideas and opinions are my own.