My poor hands. Living in Utah is great, but with the dry Winter weather here, my hands suffer. I’ve been applying all kinds of moisturizer and thought I’d share what’s been working for me.
- Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream: I like this, but really only for everyday use. It’s not as hard core as I want it to be to relieve my major damaged hands. But I do like this one for my kids. We put it on their hands at night and it’s mild enough that it doesn’t sting their hands, as some lotions can.
- Aquafor Ointment: This one is my favorite. I smother it on and let my hands rejuvenate overnight. It is VERY greasy, so wear gloves or stick with something more mild if you’d rather not get the oil in your bed. But I’ve found Aquafor to really help heal my finger’s cracks.
- Super Glue: Speaking of finger cracks… I use super glue to relieve the pain of finger cracks (the kind that come right near the finger nail and hurt when you type or write). Super glue really helps seal them up! It’s probably not the safest, but it does the trick, just be careful when you use it. My sister let me in on this tip a few years back, as she uses it on her cracked heels during the summer months too. Gorilla Glue’s super glue has been my favorite brand.
- Burt’s Bees: Burt really puts those bees to work to make a great moisturizer. I really like the purple hand repair creme above. And it smells fabulous, helping put me to sleep when I wear it at night.
- Eucerin Intensive Hand Cream: This one is great. It’s not too oily, so I feel like I can wear it throughout the day, as well as night. But I do tend to stick with the Aquafor when they are bad enough for some major hand therapy.
- Moisturizing Gloves: Eh, I’m not in love with these, sorry Jordan! They are super soft, but they make my hands hot. You’re supposed to wear them to bed overnight and I always end up taking them off after just a couple of hours.
- Petit Elefant’s Homemade Sugar Scrub: So simple and easy, I love this stuff. It’s great for all day. I rub it on, wash most of it off, and it leaves just enough of the oil to keep my hands feeling great. And it smells like cookies with the brown sugar and vanilla!!
What types of moisturizer do you use that have healed your Winter weathered hands?