Here’s my salute to the American Flag. Crafting is one of our favorite ways to celebrate any holiday! This is a great card for celebrating our Nation’s Independence Day this fourth of July. Or it could also be given to an American Soldier’s family, paying tribute to those fighting for our freedoms.
American Flag Hand-Stitched Card Pattern
Everything is available at your local craft or fabric store.
- Punching Awl
- Pattern for Flag to punch: Download this step by step pattern and instructions, then print it out: flag-card-pattern.pdf
- Cork board: For punching holes in card – found at kitchen or office store (try a cork hot plate)
- Thread: I usually use DMC floss, with all six strands
- Needle: Cross-stitch needle #26 for 18-22 count fabric
- Cardstock: white piece, accent color piece, folded card piece
- Envelope: white envelope that measures, 4 ½ “ x 5 ¾ “
- Glue: Glue stick, glue dots, spray glue is recommended
Instructions: For complete instructions on Punching, Stitching, and Gluing this card, please visit my Basic Instructions Post.
Have fun making hand-stitched cards. And here’s to our great country, Happy Independence Day!