With the new school year coming soon, here’s a fun apple stitched card pattern helping you get ready to learn. Stitch one of these cards to give to your child’s teacher, as they would love to receive a personal card from their student telling them how excited they are for the coming year. Or these cards could be given to your child’s teacher as a gift set, letting him or her give them out to the apples of their eye.
Apple Stitched Card Pattern
Everything is available at your local craft or fabric store.
- Punching Awl
- Pattern for Apple to punch: Download this pattern, then print it out: apple-stitched-pattern
- Cork board: For punching holes in card – found at kitchen or office store (try a cork hot plate)
- Thread: I usually use DMC floss, with all six strands
- Needle: Cross-stitch needle #26 for 18-22 count fabric
- Cardstock: white piece, accent color piece, folded card piece
- Envelope: white envelope that measures, 4 ½ “ x 5 ¾ “
- Glue: Glue stick, glue dots, spray glue is recommended
For complete instructions on Punching, Stitching, and Gluing this card, please visit my Basic Instructions Post.
The great thing about hand stitched cards is that they can be customize for any occasion! Any simple silhouette can be stitched onto a card for a handmade note.
More Simple Sewing Crafts:
Looking for more simple crafts that you can stitch? There’s something here for almost any holiday or occasion!
Easter Egg Stitched Greeting Card
This cute, colorful egg looks so good on the front of an Easter card!
Embroidery Hoop Ghosts for Halloween
All you need is an embroidery hoop and a flour sack towel to make these simple and sweet Halloween ghosts!
Felt Stitched Ornaments
Simple stitching on felt makes for a darling ornament for your tree! These would be a great starter stitching project for kids.
Rainbow Shamrock Garland
I don’t know about you, but I just love a good garland for any holiday. This rainbow shamrock garland is so fun for St. Patrick’s Day!
Simple Flower Garden Sachets
These handmade sachets are a darling way to bring the fresh scents of your garden indoors. Aren’t they adorable?
Stitching Hearts on Snow Hats
We love buying simple knit hats when they go on sale every year. It’s so easy to jazz them up with a little stitched design. This idea can be tweaked for any theme you like!