Want to send a Valentine card that really POPs?! Try this fun technique for helping your card stand out from the crowd. Because “Valentine, you make my heart POP!”
Supplies for Heart Pop Up Cards:
- 1 sheet of paper, any size
- 1 sheet of cardstock paper, larger than your first paper
- small cut out shape of a heart
- crayons, markers, or stickers to decorate
1. Fold your smaller paper in half. With your pencil, draw 2 lines on the edge of a folded card about 2 inches apart and 1 inch in. You can make your lines large or small, fat or skinny. It all depends on what you are planning to have pop out on the inside.
2. Cut along the pencil lines with your scissors.
3. Fold back the cut out area to make a good crease in the fold.
4. Open up the card and bend the new fold forward, making it pop out.
Now you can glue anything you want to the space that pops out. Make sure not to put glue on the top of the step, just the front edge. We added our large 2-3 inch heart.
Glue on your cardstock piece of paper to the back. Then write some fun words to your Valentine. I wrote “You make my heart POP!” for a fun Valentines day card. This card is ready to give your loved one this Valentines!