Does summer have you feeling torn between your love of the outdoors and your love of board games? No need to worry- these DIY lawn games will let you enjoy both!
15 DIY Lawn Games to Make
1. DIY Yard Yahtzee: Why play Yahtzee indoors when the sun is out? Make some giant dice and you can play right on your lawn. Find the tutorial over at Momtastic.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
2. Dots and Boxes Sidewalk Chalk Game: This classic kids game is just as fun played outside with chalk! Find the tutorial over at Make and Takes.
3. DIY Lawn Checkers: This durable checkers board will provide years of use! It rolls up for easy storage when you’re done playing. Find the tutorial over at Lilyshop.
4. Life Sized Angry Birds Game: Bring the classic smartphone game to life with this fun DIY. Find the tutorial over at She Knows.
5. Turn Your Deck Into a Board Game: Between the planning, making, and playing, this DIY board game will keep the kids occupied all afternoon! Find the tutorial over at Design Dazzle.
6. Tin Can Toss Game: Turn a couple of tin cans into a simple outdoor game. Find the tutorial over at Make and Takes.
7. Backyard Ker-Plunk Game: It’s a giant sized Ker-plunk game! Find the tutorial over at All Parenting.
More DIY Lawn Games
8. Outdoor Bowling Game: Save those soda bottles- you can use them to make a bowling game! Find the tutorial over at Polka Dot Chair.
9. DIY Giant Jenga: Jenga’s another classic game that translates perfectly to an outdoor version. Find the tutorial over at Lemon Thistle.
10. DIY Lawn Twister: With a homemade stencil and a little spray paint, you’ll be ready to play Twister on the lawn! Find the tutorial over at Postcards from the Ridge.
11. Pipe Ball Lawn Game: Turn a couple of PVC pipe pieces into a ball toss game. Find the tutorial over at This Old House.
12. DIY Dunk Bucket: The kids will have a blast with this dunk bucket, and it’s a great way to cool off, too! Find the tutorial over at The Happy Housewife.
13. Sponge Launch Game: Launch the sponges and fill up the bucket. It sounds simple, but you’d better move fast if you want your team to win! Find the tutorial over at How Does She.
14. DIY Ladder Golf Game: I’d never heard of this game before, but it looks like tons of fun! Find the tutorial over at Momtastic.
15. Awesome Outdoor Games: Want to add more games to your list? Find 5 more options here at Make and Takes.
Lawn games are such a great way to have fun with family and friends. Playing outdoors under the sun only makes the experience better!