If you’re planning a Harry Potter party, you’ve come to the right place! From invitations and decor to food and activities, all the ideas you’ll need to have a great time are right here!
15 Harry Potter Party Ideas
1. DIY Table Quidditch: Of course you’ll want to play Quidditch at the party! This easy version can be played on a table top. Find the tutorial over at Farm to Fête.
2. DIY Harry Potter Wands: Each guest can have their own wand when they’re this easy to make! Find the tutorial over at Boxy Colonial.
3. Butterbeer Floats: Mmm, butterbeer! These floats are perfect for sipping on while watching party activities. Find the tutorial over at Make and Takes.
4. Harry Potter Book Covers: No need to look for antique books to decorate with at your party. Just cover some ordinary books with these free printables! Find the tutorial over at Paper Trail Design.
5. Harry Potter Felt Ties: Once each guest has been sorted, they can clip on a tie to show which house they’re representing. Find the tutorial over at One Sweet Appetite.
6. Harry Potter Party Invitations: You won’t be able to send these invites in the mail, but for in town guests, these “owl-delivered” invitations couldn’t be cuter! Find the tutorial over at One Creative Mommy.
7. Chocolate Frogs: Don’t worry, these chocolate frogs won’t be able to hop away. Find the tutorial over at Boo Turtle.
More Harry Potter Party Ideas
8. Sorting Hat: What Harry Potter party would be complete without a sorting hat? This one looks so real, doesn’t it? Find the tutorial over at Simple Practical Beautiful.
9. DIY Quidditch Robes: These robes are perfect for dressing up in at your party. Find the tutorial over at Polka Dot Chair.
10. Hogwarts Express Sign: This sign will help your guests find their way to the party! Find the tutorial over at East Coast Mommy.
11. Polyjuice Potion Punch: This might look like a real potion, but it’s actually a delicious party punch! Find the tutorial over at This Grandma Is Fun.
12. Potion Bottle Labels: Turn ordinary containers into aged potion bottles for your party decor. Find the tutorial over at Make and Takes.
13. Gryffindor Popcorn: This delicious Gryffindor themed popcorn is so good, it’ll be gone in a flash! Find the tutorial over at Cupcake Diaries.
14. Mirror of Erised: If you really want to go all out, make your own Mirror of Erised. It looks elaborate, but the step by step directions tell you just what to do! Find the tutorial over at Delicious Reads.
15. DIY Harry Potter Tees: These easy DIY tees will provide both a party activity and a favor for the guests to take home. Find the tutorial over at Sugar Bee Crafts.
There’s so much magical fun to be had at a Harry Potter party! If only we could cast a spell to help clean up the after party mess!