We’re making a list and checking it twice ;) as we put together our Family Summer Bucket List! We’ve each come up with activities we can do this summer, keeping our family busy with fun and exploration!
I’m happy to be partnering with Post-it Brand on this summer’s list. We will be using their newest collections to help put our Summer Bucket List on display. I’m in love with these Post-it Brand World of Color collections. I chose to use the Marrakesh collection, as I wanted to have a fun rainbow feel to our summer board. It will bring our summer o’ fun to life!
To help us brainstorm the ideas and activities we wanted to do this summer, I found a few places of inspiration in choosing our Summer Bucket List.
Summer Bucket List Inspiration:
- 101 Summer Bucket List Ideas – I love these ideas from Delia Creates, so many fun ones to try.
- Red Tri – this is a great place to find out what there is fun to do in a city near you. They have several different cities they list with family-friendly ideas.
- Your State or City Website – there are fabulous resources on your own city or state websites. Simply do a search for your city and find a website with .gov.
- Frugal Summer Bucket List Ideas – so many great ideas from The Frugal Girl, all frugal for family fun.
- MT on Pinterest – visit our Outdoor Family Fun pin board or our Summer Kids Camp board for fun and crafty ideas to try.
There are so many amazing things to do throughout the summer. It was hard to narrow it down to just 25. And we need to be realistic in our choosing. I don’t want to go overboard and not be able to accomplish most of our list in the next 8-9 weeks!
25 ideas for our Summer Bucket List:
1. Backyard tent camping
2. Try slack lining
3. Ride our bikes to the Farmer’s Market in town
4. Visit a new playground around the city
5. Nighttime glow-in-the-dark frisbee toss
6. Collect a jar of sea glass from our local beach
7. Have a sleepover with cousins
8. Have a snow-cone down at the water
9. Go blueberry picking
10. Have a backyard dinner party
11. Take the family fishing
12. Visit Remlinger Farms
13. Learn Spanish – we love to use the app DuoLingo!
14. Take the family to Duthie Hill for mountain biking
15. Visit the Arboretum
16. Spend the day at Golden Gardens beach
17. Go to the pool at night
18. Roast s’mores over our backyard fire pit
19. Ride the ferry to Bainbridge Island
20. Make homemade pizzas
21. Visit at least 3 donut shops around town – taste test :)
22. Try a new fruit or veggie from the Farmer’s Market
23. Watch the sunset
24. Watch the sunrise
25. Collect sea shells
Now that we’ve found inspiration for fun things to do this summer, we gathered our ideas and are ready to get them on our board! Be sure to check back next week when we put it all together and displayed on our wall! The colors of Post-it Notes are so fun and help bring in the excitement we have to kick off Summer!