Summer is already here for my kids as they’re out of school for 3 months… yes people, 3 months! What are we going to do? Well, I’ve come up with a solution for some summertime fun! We’re calling this our “Summer Tub o’ Fun“. I’ve collected lots of things from around the house perfect for creating and crafting. Now if my kids need something to do, they can turn to the “Tub o’ Fun”!
Supplies for Tub O’ Fun:
- pipe cleaners
- tissue paper
- cotton balls
- popsicle sticks
- recycle items – egg carton, paper towel roll, plastic containers
- kid scissors
- glue sticks
- plastic zip bags
Plastic zip bags are a must! They help keep similar items together and help everything stay organized. We’ve got 3 months of summer and this tub’s going to get some use, so I’d like to keep it clutter free. So after you collect all your supplies, put them all similar items in plastic zip bags.
Then I named the tub, so we could know what’s inside. It’s best if you have a clear tub, so you can see everything, but we already had this one laying around. Hopefully this should keep us busy, set with plenty of craft supplies for the summer!
Here’s a few links sharing some great activities for Summer Time Fun:
- 14 Frugal Kids Activities by Frugal Dad
- Creative Summer Activities by Blissfully Domestic
- 11 free or Cheap Toys for Kids by Simple Mom
- Fun Places to Go This Summer by One Mom’s World
- Planning Summer Schedules for Kids by Organize Your Way
What are you doing to keep the kids busy this summer?