Let your little one tell you WHO THEY ARE this back-to-school time of year.
These fun chalkboard speech bubbles are a great way to keep track of all the years of back-to-school photos you’ll be taking. They are also a fun prop to have on hand for any make-shift photo booth.
I had no idea how easy they were to make until a few weeks ago at the BlogHer Gulf Coast Auction. They had a photo booth set up with a bunch of these chalkboard speech bubbles. Here’s some fun shots of Marie and I with them.
What you need to make your own Chalkboard Speech-Bubble:
- white foam core board
- one X-acto knife
- a cutting board
- black Chalkboard Spray Paint
- white chalk
1. Using the X-acto knife, cut the foam core board to the shape of speech bubble you want. You can trace out a shape or do it free hand.
2. Spray both sides of the speech bubble with the black chalkboard spray paint. I like to do this outside on a big piece of cardboard underneath. This kind of paint dries really quick.
3. Once dry on both sides, chalk up the side you want to use with a piece of white chalk, and then wipe it off. This gives it that wore-in chalkboard look.
4. Now you are ready for your back-to-school photos! Go…have some fun with them!
Kami Bigler is a regular contributor at Make and Takes. She’s the thrifty maven who runs the blog: no biggie – a montage of her three favorite creative outlets: crafting, cooking, and thrifting. Her interests include portrait and tabletop photography, paper crafts, decorating and experiencing the thrill of the thrift find. You can follow Kami on Twitter at @kamibigler.