Remember when I made Mango Chocolate Chip Bread? Well, I fell in love with the combo, so I decided to make Mango Chocolate Chip Cookies. Best decision ever! The sweet chunks of mango brighten up the classic chocolate chip cookie, you’re going to love this combo. I probably ate an entire dozen of these cookies all by myself. I figured it was ok since there was fruit involved:)
You can never go wrong with a chocolate chip cookie, but sometimes it is fun to jazz them up and the mango does just that. The cookies are soft, chewy, with a sweet mango surprise.
These cookies are perfect for summer picnics, road trips, or dessert! Happy baking!
Mango Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulate sugar
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon small-medium coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup diced fresh mango
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper and set aside.
2. Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar until it is light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Beat for an additional 2 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips until well distributed. Gently fold in the mango chunks.
4. Drop about 2 tablespoons of dough or use a medium cookie scoop and plop the batter onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges are nice and golden brown. Remove from heat and allow the cookies to stay on the cookie sheet for an additional 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies