Who said sewing has to be complicated? Skirts are among the most simple things you can sew, but with adorable results. Whether you’re a beginning sewer or an experienced sewer looking for a simple project, sewing skirts might be just the thing for you to make next! There are so many fun patterns to choose from!
16 Simple Sewing Skirts for Girls
1. The 10-Minute Skirt: Turn a t-shirt into a skirt in just 10 minutes! It doesn’t get any easier than that! Find the tutorial over at Make It and Love It.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
2. Cotton and Tulle Skirt: This skirt combines tulle for fashion and cotton for comfort. Find the tutorial over at Nap Time Creations.
3. Simple Skirt Tutorial with Three Options: This skirt pattern has three different options so you can personalize it to match your style. Find the tutorial over at Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom.
4. 30 Minute Mermaid Skirt: It’ll take a little longer to make this skirt, but the awesome mermaid hem makes it totally worth it! Find the tutorial over at Girl Inspired.
5. Bandana Skirt: You can make an adorable cowgirl skirt out of a bandana! Find the tutorial over at DIY Candy.
6. Simple Fat Quarter Skirt: This skirt is the perfect thing to make with all those adorable fat quarters they have at the fabric store. Find the tutorial over at Thread Riding Hood.
7. Basic Flexible Waist Skirt: This skirt has the same waistband as a comfy pair of yoga pants! Find the tutorial over at Delia Creates.
8. Kangaroo Pocket Skirt: This skirt’s just as comfy as a pair of sweatpants, because that’s what it’s made out of! Find the tutorial over at It’s Always Autumn.
9. Easy Peasy Pleated Skirt: Don’t let the pleats scare you- this pattern is totally easy to make. Find the tutorial over at Grand Revival Designs.
10. Double Layer Square Circle Skirt: Two simple squares make for lots of fun layers on this skirt. Find the tutorial over at Make It and Love It.
11. 20 Minute Basic Band Skirt: This 20 minute skirt has such a timeless look. Find the tutorial over at Rae Gun Ramblings.
12. Simple Skirt: Wanting more of a pencil skirt look? Try this pattern! Find the tutorial over at Fleece Fun.
13. The Party Skirt: This fun skirt is perfect for party goers of all ages! Find the tutorial over at U Create.
14. Easy Skirt with Attached Shorts: No need to worry about swinging, jumping, or cartwheeling in this skirt that has attached shorts! Find the tutorial over at It’s Always Autumn.
15. Elastic Band Skirt: The pattern says this skirt is the fastest you’ll ever make! Find the tutorial over at Make It and Love It.
16. Layered Skirt: These sewing skirts looks fancy, but the layers are easy to stitch together! Find the tutorial over at At the Picket Fence.
You can make so many neat items for your daughter’s wardrobe with just a little time at the sewing machine. She’ll love twirling in all your new sewing skirts!