This yummy dessert roll is the perfect way to end a holiday feast. These cornucopias help represent the first Thanksgiving, filled with the bounty of harvest. And we’re making ours a sweet treat for after turkey dinner.
Supplies for Sweet Roll Cornucopias:
- crescent roll dough
- vanilla frosting
- small fruit, candy, or nuts: I used blueberries, pomegranates, marshmallows, mandarin oranges
1. Roll up your dough. But you will roll your crescent rolls in a different direction. You need to start from one of the fat corners and go sideways, forming a cornucopia.
Bake these according to your recipe’s directions.
2. Once these have cooled, use a knife to slice an opening across your roll. You can even open it up deeper inside the roll to allow for more frosting to go.
3. Pour your frosting into your roll and spread a little around the opening as well, allowing for some of the fruit to stick on the outside.
4. Place the fruit into your roll. Start with the larger fruit first and then pile the rest on. You can even make the fruit spill out onto the plate to more represent a Thanksgiving cornucopia.
These are ready for the table, perfect for dessert. They might even be able to replace the pie!