I have left over pizza toppings from last weeks homemade pizza making. There’s a bottle of pizza sauce and a big package of pepperoni in my fridge that I know is going to go bad by the time we make pizza again. So as I was looking for ways to use them up, I opened the fridge and turned to the ever versatile tortilla.
Bake Up a Quick Tortilla Pizza
I like a thin crust and this Tortilla Pizza hits the spot. I love pepperoni, but not a lot of cheese, so this is my kind of pizza. I pop it in my toaster oven and it is done in about 2 minutes. How easy is that?
If you don’t have a toaster oven, simply heat your oven to 400* and cook it in your regular oven, but watch that it doesn’t burn, these are thin and will cook fast. One of the perks- super quick meal!
I have also made similar pizzas using pita bread. Those are yummy too. I’ve eaten one of these every day for lunch for the last 5 days. It is pretty healthy on the calorie count, so I don’t feel guilty eating pizza.
Try these other hit-the-spot pizza recipes:
- Antipasto Flatbread Pizza: read to be served in less than 30 min!
- Cheesy Baguette Pizza Bites: your whole family is going to LOVE these cheesy pizza bites made with a baguette.
- Made-to-Order Pizza Pasta Bowls: a fun twist on pizza night to get everyone in the family involved in the cooking.
- Panini Pizza: if you love pizza, you must try it in a panini! this veggie pizza panini is incredible.
- Plan and Prepare a Red and Green Meal: plan and prepare a festive colored meal for the holidays.