What would the world of children’s books be like if it wasn’t for Dr. Seuss? We are celebrating his 110th birthday coming up on March 2nd. Can you believe it? When I was little, I had One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish memorized from cover to cover! Here are 9 creative ways to celebrate the birthday of such an incredible author, Dr. Seuss!
1. Roll A Dice Lorax Game: Play a round of this fun Lorax game from Smashed Peas and Carrots with your little ones! It’s a great game for practicing counting and numbers!
2. There’s a Wocket in my Pocket: Get creative with storytime and read this book! Then make your own strange make-believe creatures by coloring or cutting out shapes.
3. The Lorax: It’s Party Time: Celebrate Dr. Seuss’s birthday with this Lorax themed party! So many great ideas for this over on Create-Celebrate-Explore!
4. Dr. Seuss Snacks: How awesome is this Cat in the Hat Smoothie and this Green Eggs and Ham snack? Find out how to make them over on Crazy for Crust and eat them in honor of Dr. Seuss!
5. Truffula Tree Pencils: These Truffula Tree pencils by Zakka Life are a great Dr. Seuss themed craft!
6. Cat in the Hat First Birthday: These cute ideas from this Cat in the Hat birthday party are by the Hostess With The Mostess blog! Use them to have a party for Dr. Seuss!
7. Green Eggs & Ham: Here are a bunch of great Green Eggs and Ham themed crafts, games, and treats from Katherine Marie!
8. Tweetle Beetle Battle Bottle: Create this Tweetle Beetle Battle Bottle for a great Dr. Seuss activity! Get the instructions over on Mad In Crafts.
9. Cat in the Hat Hat: Craft these Cat in the Hat hats and wear them around the house on Dr. Seuss’s birthday! Read the tutorial over on No Time For Flashcards.
Have fun celebrating Dr. Seuss on his birthday!