As I’m itching for Spring, we’re coloring our rice green today, helping to represent green grass. My own grass is now turning from brown to green and I think this Spring project is going to give it a boost. Let’s all say it together, “Stay out SUN!”
Coloring White Rice Green for Spring
- dry white rice – any kind
- rubbing alcohol – this helps rice dry faster
- green food coloring
- plastic zip baggie
- paper towels
- Place 2-3 cups of dry rice in a plastic zip baggie.
- Pour in 3-4 drops of your green food coloring.
- Pour in 1 Tablespoon of Rubbing Alcohol.
- Now seal the bag and shake it all together. Make sure each piece of rice gets coated.
- Pour your colored rice onto a tray lined with paper towels to dry.
Food coloring can stain, so be careful. You’ll want it completely dry before you start to work with it again, as you don’t want any color to drip. After 20 or so minutes, give it a stir with a spoon. It should be dry within an hour.
For my Spring display, I filled my pink bucket with crunched up paper towels so I don’t have to use as much rice to fill it. Then I poured in my colored green rice up to the top.
Now it’s ready for a fun Spring time display.
Check out what we’ve placed inside our cute bucket: Easter Candy Lollipops