Is it back-to-school time in your house? We’re still trying to hang on to that summer feeling around here for a few more weeks. And, what goes better with summer than a cold, tropical drink?
My girls love smoothies, and this delicious and vibrant tropical smoothie is the perfect way to start the day. It makes a refreshing treat on a hot afternoon, too – whether you’re running around the backyard or running in the door from a busy day at school.
Ingredients for Creamy Tropical Smoothies:
- 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 banana
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Makes 2 delicious servings!
Tips and variations:
• Use Greek-style yogurt for an extra protein boost.
• Swap the frozen pineapple chunks for frozen mango chunks – equally yummy!
• Freeze the blended mixture in popsicle molds for an icy dessert.
Enjoy your sunshine in a glass!