The big football weekend is here and we’ll be hosting a party, being a big football family and cheering on our Seattle SEAHAWKS!! Wahoo! And I’ve partnered with Marzetti® on a recipe for our guests to munch on. These are delicious Endive and Bacon Lettuce Wraps, drizzled with Marzetti® Chunky Blue Cheese dressing.
I’ve just been introduced to Belgian endive from a good friend of mine and now I’m obsessed. It’s a lettuce that is small and yellow in color and it’s flavor is on the bitter side. But paired with bacon and blue cheese, it’s the perfect combination. This vegetable is great for finger food as it’s shape is just right for a bite-sized appetizer.
Ingredients for Endive, Bacon, and Blue Cheese Lettuce Wraps:
- 2-3 heads endive lettuce
- 1-2 cups chopped bacon cooked and cooled
- Marzetti® Chunky Blue Cheese dressing
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds – optional
1. Wash and dry your endive. Separate into individuals portions.
2. Add a spoonful of cooked and cooled bacon into each endive leaf.
3. With a spoon, drizzle dressing over each lettuce section. You can do this in a zig-zag over the whole leaf or just on the inside of each leaf.
4. Add a sprinkling of slivered almonds if you’d like a little extra crunch to each bite.
* yields 8-10 portions per head of endive
These are ready for a party. Set them out and watch them go. They are on the lighter side, but pack a punch of flavor with the bacon and blue cheese.
Have fun watching the big game this weekend!
I have been invited to participate in a Marzetti® ambassador program. This post is sponsored by Marzetti and product has been provided by them. I’ll be sharing my ideas for family friendly recipes using their products all year long. Be sure to follow Marzetti on facebook and pinterest for more information. Find more recipe ideas and meal planning at Marzetti Kitchens!