As I’m one week into my family’s Biggest Loser Contest, my body is going through withdrawals. I’ve gone from eating all day long and anything I wanted, down to 3 healthy meals and 2-3 snacks in between. I’ve cut back on the fats and trying to have better portion control. And to be honest, I’m hungry… Me Want Food! I’m trying really hard not to even go into the kitchen, but it’s impossible. So I’ve decided I need some hunger weapons. Here’s a few healthy ways I’ve found to cut back my eating.
- Chewing Gum: I’ve bought packs of it. It’s only 5 little calories and gives me an hour or two. And I’m also improving my bubble blowing. I’ve been teaching my son how to blow a bubble. It’s a harder skill teach than I thought it would be!
- Water: Good old fashioned water. When ever I want food, I drink a glass of water first. I try to keep a pitcher of water in the fridge and make sure it’s full. I’m also planning to buy a large water bottle to take with me everywhere I go.
- Easy to grab Fruits, Veggies & Nuts: I made a grocery list of these snacks and actually bought them. Now they’re at the ready for me to grab. I love carrots, snap peas, grapes, clementine oranges, whole almonds and bananas.
- Dinnertime Trick: I’ve also figured out a way to lower my portions at dinner. Before I set the food on the table, I take out enough for lunch the next day. If I do this first, then I won’t over eat at dinner. It’s been working great, yay!
Here’s a few more resources to help us all curb the hunger!
- Bob Greene – 8 Ways to Curb Your Appetite
- Reader’s Digest – Control Compulsive Eating
- AOL Health – Low Calorie Snacks
What tips and tricks are up your sleeve for curbing your appetite?