Sunflowers seem to be popping up all over. They’re beautiful and bright, bringing sunshine to the soul. Well, this pattern can help you stitch a sunflower card that’s perfect for summer. Then brighten someone else’s day by giving it along with a gift, framed as a gift, or make a bunch to give away as gifts.
Supplies: Everything is available at your local craft or fabric store.
- Punching Awl
- Pattern for Sunflower to punch: Download this pattern, then print it out:sunflower-stitched-pattern
- Cork board: For punching holes in card – found at kitchen or office store (try a cork hot plate)
- Thread: I usually use DMC floss, with all six strands
- Needle: Cross-stitch needle #26 for 18-22 count fabric
- Cardstock: white piece, accent color piece, folded card piece
- Envelope: white envelope that measures, 4 ½ “ x 5 ¾ “
- Glue: Glue stick, glue dots, spray glue is recommended
Instructions: For complete instructions on Punching, Stitching, and Gluing this card, please visit my Basic Instructions Post.