Here is yet another tie Dad may get for Father’s Day. Except this one is safe to give as he won’t actually have to wear it. This pattern is fun to stitch and super easy to make. Thanks goes to my sister Steph, who came up with this great tie design.
Supplies: Everything is available at your local craft or fabric store.
- Punching Awl
- Pattern for Tie to punch: Download this pattern, then print it out: tie-stitched-pattern
- Cork board: For punching holes in card – found at kitchen or office store (try a cork hot plate)
- Thread: I usually use DMC floss, with all six strands
- Needle: Cross-stitch needle #26 for 18-22 count fabric
- Cardstock: white piece, accent color piece, folded card piece
- Envelope: white envelope that measures, 4 ½ “ x 5 ¾ “
- Glue: Glue stick, glue dots, spray glue is recommended
Instructions: For complete instructions on Punching, Stitching, and Gluing this card, please visit my Basic Instructions Post.
If anyone else is stitching and wants to share their fun Hand-Stitched cards, email me at marie[at]makeandtakes[dot]com.