Even though I didn’t grow my own zucchini this year, doesn’t mean I didn’t benefit from almost everyone else around me. So we’ve been getting creative with our zucchini supply, cooking it all kinds of ways. I recently made some really yummy Fried Zucchini that went as a great side dish with our Chicken Pesto Pasta.
Recipe for Fried Zucchini:
- 1 large zucchini
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup fine bread crumbs
- 3 deep pans – for dipping
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- saute pan
1. First, get your olive oil hot and ready to fry. Place your cup of olive oil into your saute pan on medium heat to 350 degrees.
2. While your oil is heating up, cut your zucchini into 1/4 -1/3 of an inch slices and set aside.
3. In 3 separate pans, add your flour, egg whites, and bread crumbs to each. Line them up in a sort of assembly line for your zucchini.
4. Dip your sliced zucchini into the flour, then egg whites, then bread crumbs.
5. Carefully place your coated zucchini into the hot oil and let fry for 3 or so minutes per side. I like to use a splatter cover to my frying pan, helping keep me oil burn free.
6. Using your tongs, place your fried zucchini onto a paper towel lined plate to cool.
These were fun to make and a really great way to cook our plethora of zucchini. What great recipes do you have for eating zucchini? I might need a few more ideas!