What would the world of children’s books be like if it wasn’t for Dr. Seuss? We are celebrating his 110th birthday coming up on March 2nd. Can you believe it? When I was little, I had One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish memorized from cover to cover! Which of the books have you and your children loved? Here are 9 creative ways to celebrate the birthday of such an incredible author, Dr. Seuss!
9 Creative Ways to Celebrate Dr. Seuss’s Birthday
1. Roll A Dice Lorax Game: Play a round of this fun Lorax game from Smashed Peas and Carrots with your little ones! If your little ones have played Cootie before, they’ll pick up this variation in a snap! It’s a great game for practicing counting and numbers!
2. There’s a Wocket in my Pocket: Get creative with storytime and read this book! Then make your own strange make-believe creatures by coloring or cutting out shapes. What fun!
3. The Lorax: It’s Party Time: Celebrate Dr. Seuss’s birthday with this Lorax themed party, or use the ideas for your own birthday party! So many great ideas for this over on Create-Celebrate-Explore!
4. Dr. Seuss Snacks: How awesome is this Cat in the Hat Smoothie and this Green Eggs and Ham snack? They couldn’t be cuter! And that smoothie looks delicious! Find out how to make them over on Crazy for Crust and eat them in honor of Dr. Seuss!
9. Cat in the Hat Hat: Craft these Cat in the Hat hats and wear them around the house on Dr. Seuss’s birthday! I think everyone should try wearing a striped top hat! Read the tutorial over on No Time For Flashcards.
Have fun celebrating Dr. Seuss on his birthday!