I adore snowmen! I love snowmen crafts, activities, hand towels, pictures, nick knacks… you get the picture, lol. So with winter upon us the love of all things snowmen are in full force over at my house. This Cardboard Tube Snowman Craft was the perfect craft to make with the kids. We could spend time together having fun and end up with a super cute snowman to set out to decorate my office. It was a win win for the kids and I alike. They got to have fun making them and I get to enjoy them when I sit down to work in my office. Now to figure out what we will make next.
Supplies for Cardboard Tube Snowman Craft:
- cardboard tube – we used toilet paper rolls but you could use paper towel rolls or other cardboard tubes.
- red, yellow, and green pom poms
- red, yellow, and green pipe cleaners
- sharpie markers
- hot glue gun
- orange cardstock paper
- white paint
- paint brushes
- red, blue, and green yarn
- Put white paint on a paper plate or in a paint tray.
- Give the kids a cardboard tube. We used toilet paper rolls.
- Let the kids paint the tubes white.
- Leave the cardboard tube to dry.
- While drying I took orange cardstock paper and cut out noses for the snowmen.
6. I pulled out pom poms and pipe cleaner. I cut the pipe cleaner down to size for ear muffs.
7. The kids helped me braid yarn to make scarves for the snowmen.
8. Once the tube is dry add a face and mouth with a black sharpie marker.
9. Take a hot glue gun and glue on the nose.
10. Glue the pipe cleaner on both sides of the snowmans head.
11. Glue pom poms over the pipe cleaner to make ear muffs.
12. Take braided yarn and tie around the snowman.
Now we finally had 3 cute snowmen. This Cardboard Tube Snowman Craft was great for my multi aged kids. They all had fun making one. We look forward to see what snowman inspiration will hit us next.
Check out more snowmen crafts here:
- Footprint Snowman Keepsake Canvas
- Adorable Snowman Hot Cocoa Gift
- Snowman Popsicle Stick Ornament
- Super Cute Snowman Ornament Made From Recycled Keys
- Craft Some Snowman Magnets for Winter
- Stitch Up a Snowman Button Card
- Stirring Up Snowman Chocolate Spoons
- We’re Making a “Snowman on the Go”