Snow is falling all around here in Utah. I love the snow covered mountains, the trees, and the ground blanketed in snow. It’s just so beautiful! I also love how the snow lights up the sky at night. And how quiet it seems when snowflakes are falling. If you aren’t lucky enough to live near any winter snow, then you’ll want to create your own with these fun coffee filter snowflakes. Craft these with your kiddos and hang them all through the house. It’s the next best thing to snow falling outside your home. This makes a great afternoon craft idea when it’s too chilly to play outside.
Coffee Filter Snowflakes on a String
Supplies for Coffee Filter Snowflakes on a String:
- coffee filters
- scissors (adult and child scissors)
- yarn or ribbon
I love to use coffee filters to make snowflakes because they are already in the perfect circle shape. We’ve colored coffee filter snowflakes before, and they would be even better to hang on a string!
1. Fold your coffee filter in half.
2. Fold it in half again, and even one more time if you’d like.
3. Using your scissors, start cutting small half circles or triangle cuts out of the folds. Be careful not to cut it all the way in half or you will have 2, any you don’t want that.
4. Open up your snowflake to see what you’ve created. If you need to, fold it back up and continue cutting.
5. To hang these on a string, tape ribbon or yarn to the back of the snowflake. Line 4-5 up down the string with about 4 feet of ribbon.
Now hang these snowflakes on your wall or window to create a snowy scene! You could even dye these snowflakes to make colorful snow scenes. That would be something fun and different to try.
Stay warm out there this winter!