As you may already know, we’re big fans of yarn! Today we’re sharing something fun for Easter and making some art to display. We’ve done this style of art before for a Christmas yarn art piece, now we’re crafting with eggs for Easter. You can get really creative with your colors and shapes for your egg.
Easter Egg Yarn Art
Supplies for Easter Egg Yarn Art:
- white canvas or heavy foam board – ours was 5×7 canvas
- yarn in all colors
- white craft glue – we love tacky glue
1. Start by using your pencil to draw the image of what you’d like to create. I drew my oval egg with all the fun lines and zig-zags inside of it.
2. Add glue to one section of your drawing at a time. You don’t need to add the glue until you’re ready to cover it. I do this in sections to minimize the mess and the glue drying too soon.
3. Add more and more yarn to your glue. You can add each piece in an outline shape or fill your section all the way in with yarn. There are a lot of ways to add your yarn.
You can also do different shapes. My daughter is creating a bunny below!
Let this dry overnight to make sure it’s all stuck in place.