We’ve had a lot of fun with our cute little pom-pom Angry Birds craft. I thought it only fitting that we make some angry LOVE birds for Valentine’s too! But don’t be fooled, this one is still angry and gonna get those pigs!
Supplies for Angry LOVE Birds:
- yarn – pink, purple, or red
- 2 googly eyes
- orange paper beak
- yarn eye brows
- pipe cleaner cut in half
- tacky glue
1. Make your yarn pom pom:
- Wrap yarn around your 2 fingers 40-50 times, depending on how big you want your pom.
- Wrap 1/2 pipe cleaner around the whole bundle of yarn and twist it together tight.
- To make the heart at the top, twist and bend the pipe cleaner into a heart shape – for LOVE. If you don’t want a heart at the top, cut the pipe cleaner down to make the birds feathery hair or simply use yarn instead to do the tying of the bundle.
- Cut all the loops of the yarn.
2. Trim your yarn to your desired size and shape. For a bird shape, cut it a little shorter at the top, giving it sort of an oval look.
3. Glue one your googly eyes (I found these fun eye lash googly eyes for a girl).
4. Glue on your beak and yarn eye brows.
5. Let this birdie dry and she’s ready for launching!
Now it’s time to let them fly… they *LOVE* it!! Watch out piggies!