I love a good pie crust. I have this great recipe for a graham cracker crust that is easy to make and yummy to eat. Once you have this recipe, it can be used with lots of delicious desserts.
Homemade Graham Cracker Crust Recipe:
- 1 ½ c. graham crackers – 1 package of 9-10 crackers
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 6 Tbs. butter, melted
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
1. Crush your graham crackers until really fine. I like to let my kids help with this part, adding them into a sealed plastic bag and crushing them with a rolling pin.
2. Mix all the ingredients together.
3. Using a the back of a spoon, press your mix into a pie pan. Make sure to press it up the edges as well, making it nice and even all across.
4. Bake your pie crust for 7 minutes in a pre-heated oven of 375°.
A few good Pie fillers for your homemade crust:
- Cheesecake, Oreos with ice cream, pudding, fruit and whipped cream
Fill your crust with slightly melted Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream and then re-freeze it. You may need to thaw it out a little before cutting and serving. (I love Dreyer’s 1/2 the fat ice cream, but I seem to eat twice as much!)