December is full of countdowns and we love to countdown to Christmas. Here’s our Advent calendar for the next 25 days. We’ll be taking off one of these paper chains until we get to the top on Christmas morning!
Supplies for Christmas Tree Paper Chain Countdown:
- 25 strips of paper – 19 green strips, 5 red strips, 1 yellow strip
- tape, glue or stapler
Tape paper strips around one another in the form of a tree. TIP: You may have to look at this photo to see how I did it, because it took some time to get it right!
Row 1: Start with the yellow to a green.
Row 2: Hang 2 more green off your first green.
Row 3: The next row has 3 paper chains, one off each of the 2nd row and 1 in the middle of those.
Row 4: Hang 2 off each of the 2 edge chains from row 3.
Row 5: The next row has 5 paper chains, one off each of the 4th row and 2 each in the middle of those.
Row 6: Hang 2 off each of the 3 chains from row 5.
Row 7: The next row has 3 chains for the “trunk”. Hang 2 sideways off of the middle 4 chains from row 6 and one in the middle of those.
Take a look at the image above to follow the pattern, it’s a bit tricky to explain!
Here’s a few other fun advent calendars counting down to December 25th:
- 25 Gift Wrapped Storybooks by Make and Takes
- Pinata Ornament Advent by Gingerbread Snowflakes
- Magnet Advent Calendar by Make and Takes
- Little Stocking Advent Calendar by Skip to My Lou
- Printable Christmas Countdown by Make and Takes
- Australian Advent Calendar by Raindrops & Bellyflops
- Cookie Sheet Calendar by Anya