I love to bake in muffin tins. They are cute, bite-sized, and cook up so much faster. I’ve shared Muffin Tin Meatloaves, Pop Up Pancakes in Muffin Tins, even Mini Muffin Tin Brownies! Today, I’ve baked cute muffin tin pumpkin pies. They make for perfect individual portions. These would be a great way to prepare your pie for dessert this Thanksgiving.
Muffin Tin Pumpkin Pies
Muffin Tin Pumpkin Pies Recipe
- pumpkin pie filling for one 9-inch pie
- 2 9-inch pie crust doughs – pre-made from a box or I love this recipe from Martha Stewart
- bowl or round cookie cutter 4 inches in diameter
- muffin tin
- whipped cream
Makes 12 mini pumpkin pies
1. Prep your dough. Using a bowl or 4 inch round cookie cutter, cut out 12 circles from your 2 9-inch pie crust doughs.
2. Place each circle into a pre-greased muffin tin. Press them in, letting the sides come up for a fun look. Score the bottom of your dough with a fork to keep the crust from bubbling up as it cooks.
3. Pour your filling into each muffin tin cup. Fill them to the very top. I like to use the recipe for filling from the pumpkin can. But there are a lot of great recipes out there where you can use fresh pumpkin to make your filling.
*I did have a little bit of filling left over. I used it with a homemade graham cracker crust recipe*
4. Bake your muffin tin pumpkin pies at 425° for 15 minutes. Then turn your heat down to 350° and bake them for 25-30 minutes. (NOTE: this is 15-20 minutes less than a regular pie)
5. Let these cool on a wire rack for a couple of hours to let the pumpkin filling set.
6. Add a dollop of whipped cream to each individual muffin tin pie.
Now it’s ready for guests to enjoy after a delicious dinner. It’s also great to serve at parties for a fancy dessert.
Pin this post for your holiday baking!
*This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for supporting Make and Takes!