December is full of countdowns and we love to countdown to Christmas. Each day leading up to the holidays is exciting and magical. Why not celebrate each day in December with a fun advent calendar?!
Christmas Tree Paper Chain Advent Calendar
Here’s our advent calendar for the next 25 days. We’ll be taking off one of these paper chains until we get to the top on Christmas morning! It’s kid-friendly and super simple to make for young crafters. It can be hung from a fireplace mantel, a staircase railing, a wall, or a door!
- 25 strips of paper – 19 green strips, 5 red strips, 1 yellow strip
- tape, glue or stapler
Tape paper strips around one another in the form of a tree. TIP: You may have to look at this photo to see how I did it, because it took some time to get it right!
Row 1: Start with the yellow to a green.
Row 2: Hang 2 more green off your first green.
Row 3: The next row has 3 paper chains, one off each of the 2nd row and 1 in the middle of those.
Row 4: Hang 2 off each of the 2 edge chains from row 3.
Row 5: The next row has 5 paper chains, one off each of the 4th row and 2 each in the middle of those.
Row 6: Hang 2 off each of the 3 chains from row 5.
Row 7: The next row has 3 chains for the “trunk”. Hang 2 sideways off of the middle 4 chains from row 6 and one in the middle of those.
Take a look at the image above to follow the pattern, it’s a bit tricky to explain!
More advent calendars counting down to December 25th:
- 25 Gift Wrapped Storybooks by Make and Takes
- Pinata Ornament Advent by Gingerbread Snowflakes
- Magnet Advent Calendar by Make and Takes
- Little Stocking Advent Calendar by Skip to My Lou
- Printable Christmas Countdown by Make and Takes
- Australian Advent Calendar by Raindrops & Bellyflops
- Cookie Sheet Calendar by Anya
- DIY Christmas Bulb Advent Calendar by The House That Lars Built
- Christmas Advent Countdown by My Sister’s Suitcase
- Roll + Tree Advent Calendar by Morning Creativity
- Balloon Advent Calendar and Activity Kit by Luna Studio Designs
- Christmas Advent Paper Houses by Delia Creates
- Upcycled Toilet Paper Roll Advent Calendar by North Story
- Make Your Own Advent Calendar by Petit & Small
- Printable Advent Calendar Activity Cards by Mama.Papa.Bubba
- Count Down to Christmas with a DIY Lego Advent Calendar by Frugal Fun 4 Boys