With the new school year coming soon, here’s a fun apple hand-stitched card pattern helping you get ready to learn. Stitch one of these cards to give to your child’s teacher, as they would love to receive a personal card from their student telling them how excited they are for the coming year. Or these cards could be given to your child’s teacher as a gift set, letting him or her give them out to the apples of their eye.
Supplies: Everything is available at your local craft or fabric store.
- Punching Awl
- Pattern for Apple to punch: Download this pattern, then print it out: apple-stitched-pattern
- Cork board: For punching holes in card – found at kitchen or office store (try a cork hot plate)
- Thread: I usually use DMC floss, with all six strands
- Needle: Cross-stitch needle #26 for 18-22 count fabric
- Cardstock: white piece, accent color piece, folded card piece
- Envelope: white envelope that measures, 4 ½ “ x 5 ¾ “
- Glue: Glue stick, glue dots, spray glue is recommended
Instructions: For complete instructions on Punching, Stitching, and Gluing this card, please visit my Basic Instructions Post.