We’re gearing up for Earth Day, celebrated on April 22nd, by getting out our recycled craft supplies. See our video on How to Use Recycled Crafts. Gathered your items and let’s get crafting with these 50 Kids Craft Projects to Celebrate Earth Day!
Paper Tube Crafts:
1. Yarn Wrapped Paper Tube Owl – Wrap up this darling little owl friend to flutter around the house.
2. Paper Tube Apple Stamps – Stamp paint with paper tubes shaped into apples. They make great cards for friends!
3. Paper Tube Flower Stamps – Press your paper tubes into flower shapes to make fun floral stamps.
4. Pirate Paper Tube Telescope – Arrrrr matey! Cover up a paper tube to create a pirate’s telescope!
5. Race Car Tube Challenge – By cutting paper tubes in half, you can create a fun race track challenge.
6. Paper Tube Binoculars – Play a little eye spy with these paper tube binoculars.
7. Cardboard Ghouls – Cut out little cardboard shapes and paint them into spooky ghouls.
8. Upcycled Napkin Holder – How darling are these paper tube napkin holders? Perfect for a party.
9. Paper Tube Snowflake Stamps – Cut your paper tubes into a snowflake stamp and create a wintry scene.
10. Snow Globe Place Settings – Decorate these darling paper tube place settings into a snow globe shape.
11. Leaf People Finger Puppets – Create fun little leaf people to play with in an outdoor scene.
12. Paper Tube Snowman Stamps – Paper tube stamp perfect circles, just right for stacking and creating a snowman.
13. Recycled Napkin Holders – Cover these paper tubes with paper and embellish them with some flare for your party!
14. Paper Tube Pumpkin Stamps – How sweet are these pumpkin shaped stamps? Perfect for a fall decoration.
15. Paper Tube Noise Makers – Make some noise with these paper tube noise makers!
16. Paper Tube Poppers – You can make these Christmas Crackers or New Year’s Eve poppers, or just something for a fun occasion to celebrate!
17. Paper Tube Heart Stamps – Turn these paper tubes into heart shapes to make a perfectly lovely stamp!
18. Duct Tape Cardboard Bracelets – Add a little decorative tape to these paper tubes to make a fancy bracelet!
19. Clover and Rainbow Paper Tube Stamps – Stamp a 4 leaf clover and a rainbow out of these paper tubes to show some St. Patrick’s Day fun!
Egg Cartons, Cardboard, Paper:
20. Earth Day Paper Mosaic – With recycled colored paper, create a mosaic of our lovely Earth.
21. Earth Day Color Wheel – Using magazines or newspaper ads, create a color wheel for the kids to learn their colors.
22. Cardboard Cell Phones – Cardboard can become so many fun toys and gadgets, even a silly little cell phone for kids!
23. Recycle Box Challenge – Take the Caine’s Arcade box challenge and see what your imagination can dream up!
24. Egg Carton Glasses – Cut out a couple of egg cartons to create these fuzzy and fun glasses.
25. Scratch Paper Recycled Books – Adding a little black paint to an old book can turn it into something new and fun!
26. Snowman Recycled Keys – How sweet are these little snowman keys? What else could you make with recycled keys?
27. Mini Lego Playhouse – Open up a few boxes to create a home for your little legos to play with!
28. Chip Bag Book Cover – Rinse out and dry your chip bags to make them into something new and useful.
29. Duct Tape Cardboard Wands – Cover paper tubes with decorative tape to make a fun and fancy wand!
30. Earth Friendly Gift Wrapping – Use up old scraps of paper and ribbon to create a fun and reusable package.
31. Egg Carton Flowers – Mom will love to receive a set of these egg carton flowers that will last!
32. Pine Cone Egg Cartons – Create a few outdoor pinecones for indoors and make an outdoor play scene.
33. Recycled Chunky Crayons – Reuse your small or broken crayons by making them into all new chunky crayons!
34. Repurpose Egg Shell Craft – Save and crunch up your Easter colored eggs to make glitter pictures!
35. Magazine Winter Collage – Create a mixed-media looking art piece by using up your magazines for a wintry collage.
Jars and Containers:
36. Mini Tin Can Drums – Save your aluminum cans for a fun tin can drum toy for the kids.
37. Washi Tape Vases – Wrap your plastic and aluminum jars with decorative washi tape to turn them into something new!
38. Aluminum Can Flower Pots – A little tissue paper and decoupage will give your jars a new a festive look!
39. Glitter Snowman CD’s – Do you need your old CD’s any longer? Turn them into fun snowmen!
40. Magnet Pencil Holder – Make this fun pencil holder from a can and give it some magnets to hang in your child’s locker!
41. Paper Votive Jars – Recycle old mason jars into fun votive candles!
42. Decorated Recycle Jars – Let the kids go crazy with craft supplies as they decorate recycled jars.
43. Plastic Bottle Wave Jars – Save your plastic bottles to reuse and turn into fun wave jars for the kids to explore with.
44. Plastic Bunny Rabbit Jar – Wrap your jars with a bunny shaped paper and fill it with all sorts of fun Easter items!
45. Sewing a T-Shirt Bag – Recycle your old t-shirts into a fun and super simple T-Shirt Bag! Even the kids could help sew this one.
46. Sweater Crayon Cozy – Wrap your old jars with a recycled sweater, giving it a fun new use.
47. Blue Jean Pot Holders – Cut out those old jean pockets for a fun way to make a pot holder for the kitchen. Would make a great gift!
48. Repurposed Sweater Mittens – Old sweaters make for great items when recycled into fun mittens for winter.
49. Cute A-Framed Tent – Wrap an old sheet onto boards to create the perfect play place for the kids!
50. Sew Repurposed Crib Sheets – Save your old fabric sheets to create a crib sheet for baby’s bed!
Have fun with Earth Day Crafts!